Sunday, April 10, 2011

Inlaid Butterfly Embossing

This technique is so HOT right now.....inlaid embossing!!!!!  It gives card making a whole new perspective and the cards turn out absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!  I really wanted to work on my watercoloring technique so I took the flowers from the Growing Garden stamp set and stamped them on whisper white CS in black stazon ink.  I then colored in the flowers with watercolor pencils and watercolored them with my blending pen. I love experimenting with the watercolor pencils.  I then cut the flowers out and glued them onto a piece of Sunny Garden DSP and ran it through the big shot using the square lattice embossing folder.  I LOVE THESE FOLDERS!!!!!!  If you are looking at buying a big shot, which is so worth the price, I suggest you get the embossing folders first.  There is so much you can do with them.  The crumb cake CS was embossed with the framed tulips embossing folder.  The stamped frame is from the new stamp set four frames which is being introduced in the new idea book and catalog......if you would like to have it now, SU! is this stamp set and the new paisley prints DSP when you order $20 worth of product. 

 

3 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Stunning, Beth! I love these colors! Of course, this technique is fabulous!

Gopi said...

This card is absolutely gorgeous...has SPRING written all over it! Thanks for sharing :)

I'm most definitely following your blog...please stop by mine as well.
http://www.createmepink.blogspot.com

I've set up a blog surf thread. Just enter in your blog address...helps to bring more followers to your site, and it's also a great way to find new creations and inspirations :)

Hope you join us!

Create With Christy said...

I came over to check out your blog. It's great! This card is beautiful, too! I love this technique.