Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A HUGE THANK YOU!!!!

I want to give a HUGE thank you to all of my followers and customers for your continued support in helping me promote my business....I appreciate all of your comments and know that I read them all.  Since the creation of my blog, I have had over 2,200 visits.....I was floored when I looked at my stats.  I have been wanting to showcase this stamp set french foliage (p. 14 of the holiday mini catalog) for a while now.   The leaf images are so life like, it looks like you made an imprint from an actual leaf.  The watermark images lend that added vintage touch to the card.  The base of the card is old olive CS.  The leaf and watermark images were stamped on very vanilla cardstock.  The colors used were cajun craze, so saffron, old olive and elegant eggplant.  To add some depth to the card I used the square lattice EB folder and ran a piece of so saffron through the big shot.  The layer of cajun craze that is under the so saffron was run through the crimper and sponged with early espresso ink.  One of the new products I have grown to love is the distressing essentials kit (118762 for $19.95).  It comes with all of the tools, from files to distressing ink, to give your projects that aged look.  I love how distressing the paper softens the card.  Just remember, the simpliest techniques go the longest way.  The thanks sentiment comes from the thank you kindly stamp set (p.158 in the IBC...idea book and catalog...111700).  It was stamped on the new specialty  Autumn Spice DSP (p.13 in the holiday mini....120808).  The great aspect of this paper is that it is textured and heavy weight so it can be used to make 3D projects and gifts...

I am getting ready to get my Christmas stamp a stack card classes ready and will be posting in the next few days what I will be offering as Holiday classes....this is a great time of year before the Holidays really kick in to get organized with cards to send and gifts to make for coworkers, teachers, neighbors, friends and family.  Keep checking in to see what classes will fit into your schedule.  Again, thank you for your continued support!!!!!

6 comments:

Amy Taylor said...

Beautiful card. I love this stamp set!
I'm following your blog, great site with wonderful inspiration.
Amy Taylor
www.justalittleink.com

Stampin' Mom of Four said...

I also love this stamp set. There are many non-fall things that you can do with it. Thanks for following my blog, too!

Rose Castillo said...

So pretty!

Crystal said...

FIRST - Congrats on your hits! :)

SECOND - This is a beautiful card! I love how the embossing adds a little something extra, and...that stamp set is so niiiiice. Wish I had it, but had to draw the line *somewhere*! :(

Thanks for sharing! :)

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Beautiful!! I didn't order this hmm may really have too I have lots of leaf sets though! lol I followed over from the thread on SC

teresea said...

Nice card. New follower from stampin connection #276.